Today I am sharing my simple, fudgy cocoa brownies made in a fun and festive heart shaped pan that you can make at home with a piece of foil! It is so easy and makes such a big impression, great for Valentine's day, an anniversary or to say "I love you".
I am always so excited to introduce recipes made in my original " DIY disposable foil pans"! They are such a simple and inexpensive way to make pans in different shapes and sizes for any occasion. To create a heart shape brownie, I formed my foil in the shape of a heart. (How-to directions below.)
I baked my fudgy brownie in an 8" heart, but you can make it anywhere between 7-9 inches, just be sure to alter baking times accordingly.
My DIY disposable pans are great for anything from brownies, cookies, cheesecake, to cakes! I've made small round pans, perfect for my small batch dessert recipes, like my Mini 5" Pumpkin Cheesecake With Maple Spiced Whipped Cream made in a parchment paper pan.
...or stick with the custom heart shape, like my Mini 6" Red Velvet Cheesecake Layer Cake made in my foil pan. Click on the links to check out the DIY pan tutorials!
How about a giant heart pan for a Giant fudge topped cookie cake!
DIY disposable heart-shaped foil pan
- Fold a long piece of foil into a long strip about 2-4 inches high. Fold it in half, open ends at top, to create the bottom point of the heart.
- Overlap the top ends of the foil strip and fold them together creating the top fold in the heart. (Staple to hold the ends together if needed.) Shape foil into a heart with your hands until you have a nice rounded heart (it doesn't have to be perfect, you will re-shape at the end). Take another piece of foil and place it under your heart. Fold the bottom foil up the sides of the pan, OVER the top and back down the inside walls of the heart.
- Re-shape pan into a heart shape.
- Spray foil pan with non-stick spray and place in the middle of a slightly larger, baking pan/cake pan/cookie sheet.
- Prepare batter and pour into pan. (recipe below)
- Smooth top with a knife or off-set spatula.
- Bake as directed in a toaster oven or regular conventional oven.
- Let cool.
- Rip/cut away foil pan.
Lindsay Ann's Perfect Cocoa Brownies
Yield: 7"-9" heart brownie
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mix-ins (chocolate chips, chopped nuts, etc.), optional
- 1/2 cup (4oz/1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, dutch process or dark
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (may sub white)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare heart-shaped foil pan (directions above) or use store bought heart pan and spray with non-stick spray.
In a small bowl combine flour, salt and mix-ins (chocolate chips, chopped nuts, etc.); set aside. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Over low heat add cocoa and sugars, stirring until smooth and sugar has started to dissolve. Remove from heat and stir for a about minute to cool mixture. Add the oil, vanilla and eggs one at a time. Stir vigorously for about 1-2 minutes until batter is no longer grainy and becomes thick, smooth and shiny (batter will start to pull away from the sides of the pot). Gently fold in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for about 28-32 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it. Center of brownies will set upon cooling. Do not over bake.
Give it a try, and be sure to share a picture on our Facebook wall, or email a photo to MyCreation@dollhousebakeshoppe.com to have your recreation featured in our Fan Photo album!
If you enjoyed this post I'd love for you to share it using the share buttons below, or spread the word on your blog/website by posting one of the photos above with a link back to this page for the complete post. Thanks so much. Enjoy!