Todays post is a special one! I made these rainbow cookies for a rainbow themed virtual baby shower for my friend
Rainbow Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
Yield: 8 cookies
Yield: 8 cookies
- 2/3 cup + 2 teaspoons (85g) all-purpose flour, weighed or spooned and leveled
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- rainbow jimmie sprinkles
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a medium size bowl beat together the butter and sugars on medium speed. On low speed, add the egg yolk, milk and vanilla. Slowly add the flour mixture just until combine. Refrigerate dough for an hour until dough is firm.
Roll dough into 8 balls. Roll balls in sprinkles and place about 1-2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until edges just start to turn golden brown but centers are still soft and puffy. Do not over bake. Let sit on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Store at room temperature in an air tight container.
All of these other awesome bloggers are also participating in the rainbow shower too, so be sure to check out the entire collection of rainbow sweets!
1. Vanilla Bean Baker - Baby's First Christmas
2. Not Your Momma's Cookie - Rainbow Swaddled Baby Cookies
3. Crazy for Crust - Rainbow Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
4. Dollhouse Bake Shoppe - Rainbow Sprinkle Sugar Cookies (YOU ARE HERE!)
5. Creative Food - Rainbow Pancakes
6. Hoosier Homemade - Rainbow Jar Cupcakes
7. Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons - Rainbow Smores Pops
8. Pink Little Cake - Baby at the End of the Rainbow Cake
9. Love From the Oven - Rainbow Cake Pop Cupcakes
10. Munchkin Munchies - Rainbow Balloon Cookies
11. The Baked Equation - Rainbow Baby Shower Cookies
12. Sweetology - Marshmallow Baby Pops
13. Sugar Swings - Rainbow Madeleines
14. Pint Sized Baker - Rainbow Meringue Tarts
15. Bird on a Cake - Rainbow Petal Cake
16. Haniela's - Rainbow Centerpiece
17. Miss Candiquik - Marshmallow Baby Bottles
Give them a try, and be sure to share a picture on our Facebook wall, or email a photo to MyCreation@dollhousebakeshoppe.com to have your recreation featured in our Fan Photo album!
If you enjoyed this post I'd love for you to share it using the share buttons below, or spread the word on your blog/website by posting one of the photos above with a link back to this page for the complete post. Thanks so much. Enjoy!