This fun twist on a classic salsa is perfect for summer. The cool combination of sweet and spicy is a perfect pairing for a salty tortilla chip, slices of a tosted baguette or even use it to top a burger! It is so simple to put together and makes for a unique, refreshing and delicious appetizer or snack.
Summer Peach Salsa
- 1 (15oz.) can diced peaches, drained OR 4 fresh ripe peaches, diced
- 1 (15oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained OR 4 fresh tomatoes, diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1-2 small jalapeños (depending on desired heat), chopped with seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small clove fresh garlic, minced or crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- feta or blue cheese
- tortilla chips or toasted baguette
In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Stir well, cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes until ready to serve. Top with feta or blue cheese if desired and serve with tortilla chips or toasted baguette.
It also works as a great topping for burgers!