These brownies are sooo good. I just topped my rich, decadent fudgy brownies with a sweet Oreo cookie buttercream frosting that tastes just like the center of an Oreo! All you need with these is a tall glass of milk ;)
Cookies & Cream Brownies
Yield: 12-16 brownies*
*For a mini batch cut recipe below in half, bake in an 8x4 inch loaf pan for 20-25 minutes, cool and cut into 8- two inch squares, or 3-4 bars
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 5oz (142g) semisweet chocolate (may sub bittersweet or dark), chopped or chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, dutch process or dark
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) vegetable shortening
- 2 cups confectioners' (powdered) sugar, sifted
- pinch of salt if using unsalted butter
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (sub half and half or milk if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cookie crumbs (about 6 Oreos)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 inch square pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
In a small bowl combine flour and salt; set aside. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Over low heat add the chocolate, cocoa and sugar, stirring until smooth and sugar has started to dissolve. Remove from heat and stir for a about minute to cool mixture. Add the oil, vanilla and eggs one at a time. Stir vigorously for about 1-2 minutes until batter is no longer grainy and becomes thick, smooth and shiny. Gently fold in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it. Do not over bake. Cool brownies completely.
With an electric mixer, beat butter and shortening on medium speed until smooth. Alternately beat in powdered sugar and cream until smooth. Add vanilla and salt. Beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes until light and creamy. Fold in cookie crumbs and frost cooled brownies.