I really stocked up on canned pumpkin this year, so I've been making pumpkin everything lately! This is a great confection for gift giving, or an alternative to pumpkin pie. I used store bought mini pie shells with graham cracker crust, to make them extra cute, but you can also make it in a simple baking dish and cut into squares.
This rich, creamy, fudge, packed with pumpkin and cinnamon flavor is paired perfectly with a crunchy crust, for a wonderful Autumn time treat!
Prepare fudge on the stove top and pour into a glass measuring up for easy poring.
Pour into mini pie shells. Refrigerate and enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Fudge
Yield: 6 mini fudge pies, or one 9 inch fudge pie
- 6 mini or one 9 inch pre-made graham cracker pie crust pans
Pumpkin Pie Fudge:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1- 12oz. bag white chocolate chips
- 1- 7oz. jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- copper or brown and orange food coloring if desired
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
For the crust:
Use pre-made graham cracker pie crust pans -OR- In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press into bottom of pan.
For the fudge:
Combine sugars, butter, evaporated milk, pumpkin, corn syrup and spices in medium saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly for 10 to 12 minutes, or until candy thermometer reaches 234° (the soft-ball stage in candy making).
Remove from eat and immediately stir in white chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, vanilla extract, food coloring (if using), and nuts if desired. Stir vigorously until morsels are melted, about 1-2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan(s) right away. Let sit until completely cooled. Cover and refrigerate until set.