Roasting your own homemade pumpkin seeds is half the fun of carving a pumpkin. After carving my cupcake jack-o-lantern yesterday, I made sure to rinse off the seeds and let them dry overnight to start experimenting on some gourmet pumpkin seed flavors. This delicious healthy snack is quick and easy and fun to make. Get creative and season them just like popcorn! Experiment and try different fun flavor combinations.
Gourmet Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin seeds from a medium sized pumpkin (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Seasoning blend of your choice:
- Classic - Butter and Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Sweet - Pumpkin Pie Spiced:
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice -OR- 1/2 t. cinnamon, 1/4 t. ginger, 1/8 t. nutmeg, 1/8 t. all spice
- Salty - Garlic Parmesan:
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt,
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spicy - Flamin' Hot:
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Clean and dry your seeds (for a few hours or overnight). Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
Toss seeds with butter and seasoning blend of your choice. Spread seeds out in a single layer on prepared sheet pan, and bake for about 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Let cool and enjoy.
Store in an airtight container.