When you can't decide between cupcake and chocolate, these are the perfect solution! Layers of smooth, creamy fudge in just about any flavor combination you desire! I created a list of my favorite mix-ins and toppings, or get creative and come up with your own flavor combinations!
"Cupcake" Fudge Bites
- 1 1/2 cups (9oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups (9oz.) white chocolate chips*
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- *Flavor Variations
- Peanut Butter Fudge: Sub peanut butter morsels for white chocolate chips or add 1/4 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter in with white or semisweet chocolate chips.
- Butterscotch Fudge: Sub butterscotch morsels for half of the white chocolate chips.
- Fruity Fudge (strawberry, raspberry, orange, etc.): Add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fruit flavored extract/flavoring in white chocolate fudge. Add a drop of food coloring to distinguish color of fruit flavor.
- Almond Joy: Add 3/4 teaspoon coconut extract in your white chocolate fudge. Top with an almond.
- Espresso Fudge: Add 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder to white chocolate fudge.
- Cookies & Cream Fudge: Add 1/2 cup crushed Oreos to white chocolate fudge.
- Confetti Fudge: Add 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles to white chocolate fudge.
- Mix-ins: Add 1/2 cup nuts, toffee, dried cranberries, crushed peppermint, marshmallows etc. to your fudge.
Line a mini muffin/cupcake pan with baking cups.
Note: For 2 layered fudge squares, line a 8x8" square pan with wax paper or foil. Make fudge as directed, spreading and layering fudge into prepared pan to chill. Cut into squares once fudge has cooled and set.
Prepare Bottom Layer (semi-sweet chocolate fudge):
Melt semisweet chocolate, half the can of sweetened condensed milk (7oz.) and butter in a double boiler or microwave. Add a pinch of salt and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and any desired flavor variations above. Stir until fairly smooth and scoop fudge into mini muffin cups using a spoon or a mini ice cream scoop and press tops flat. Mixture will be thick. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Prepare Top Layer (white chocolate or flavor variation of your choice):
Melt white chocolate chips and remaining half the can of sweetened condensed milk (7oz.) in a double boiler or microwave until about half of the chocolate chips have melted. Remove from heat and keep stirring until remaining morsels have melted. Add a pinch of salt and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and any desired flavor variations above.
Remove bottom layer from the freezer. Scoop the top layer/white chocolate fudge into a decorating bag and pipe on top for a swirled "frosting" look, or you can spoon it on top, and smooth it with a knife.
Garnish with toppings, if desired. Refrigerate your "Cupcake" Fudge Bites for 2-3 hours, until firm, before serving.
Try creating your own fun flavors to sweeten up any holiday party or event, like creamsicle fudge for summer or candy cane fudge for the holidays. They package up nicely for gift giving or display on a platter. However you enjoy them, this quick and easy recipe will be a sure hit at any occasion!
Want more chocolatey, fudgy goodness?!